Living in London certainly has it’s pros and it’s cons.
We all know by now, that I’m not allowed to stay in the city / country I love. While I am heartbroken and there’s a lot about this dumb little (big) city I’ll miss, there’s also a lot I’ll happily leave behind. Here’s a little bit of both…
Things I won't miss about London
- Living in a nuclear fallout zone
- The fact that it doesn’t matter where in London I stand or walk, I am always downwind from a smoker
- My upstairs neighbour’s cats that poop in the garden and piss in our shared hallway so that everything perpetually smells terrible
- My upstairs neighbour
- £7 glasses of house wine??
- Train journeys that cost more than flights
- A 40 minute commute regularly taking 2 hours
- Why? Is? The? Trash? In? The? Street???
- Londoners who apparently have to be the very first person on and off the tube, be DAMNED with everyone else
- Scam / spam callers
- Cloudy water straight from the tap
- The mission of trying to find a soft bristled tooth brush (why do y’all hate your gums)
- SPITTING. WHY
- Never knowing WHERE on the country list I need to look when buying online – at the top with the US, being all cocky? Under E for England? G for Great Britain? U for United Kingdom? Your guess is as good as mine
Things I will miss about London
- The city breaks, cheap flights – dare I say it? RYANAIR.
- An actually efficient mail service. You guys don’t know how good you have it.
- MAIL on SATURDAYS
- All of the airports that are the perfect gateway to Europe
- Getting to call myself a Londoner
- Getting mad at tourists
- Sunsets behind beautiful buildings
- Green spaces and how much I appreciate them
- Being able to appreciate the sun without the mild resentment and sweat patches
- Hearing 6 different languages and 10 different accents while out on a walk
- Being able to walk into almost any tube station at any time (before midnight), knowing I’ll be on my way in a matter of minutes
- The sheer convenience of it all – no matter what I need, or what I’m craving I can get it quickly and easily (except vegemite)
- The food. Oh my god the food.
- Free museums
- Always having something to do no matter the budget
- Pubs (good and bad) everywhere
- Just. London.